Crème brûlée is my comfort dessert. Super easy to make with ingredients we always have in our kitchen. Crème brûlée is a French dessert consisting of a rich and soft custard made with cream and yolks and topped with a crispy layer of caramelized sugar. It is super easy to prepare, you only need 4 basic ingredients and it takes only few minutes to prepare. Let's get started.
Makes 4 servingsIngredients:
4 tbsp sugar for caramelizing the top
6 egg yolk room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
4 ramekins (8oz)
- Preheat oven to 300F
- In a medium bowl hand whisk the egg yolk and vanilla until thick. Do not over whisk. Only until creamy.
- Place whipping cream in a saucepan and heat until it simmers. Pour a little at the time over the eggs while stirring continuously.
- Pour your mixture into the ramekins and pour boiling hot water into the pan half way up to the ramekins. If you do not have a crème brûlée ramekin kit place 4 ramekins into a larger pan on a rack. Fill the rack with boiling hot water to the halfway point of the ramekins.
- Bake for 30-35min until set and jiggly in the center.
- Remove the ramekins from the hot water and let cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for atleast two hours or overnight.
- when you are ready to serve place 1tbsp of sugar on top of each ramekin. Use a blow torch to make a crispy crust.